Sunday, February 04, 2007

Feb MakeOver

Jan rollovers to Feb and still no new entries in my blogspot..No this time won't blame it on my laziness or so.. just that have been busy roaming around..But then when do I not do so ;-)
Republic day long weekend we had decided to go to ooty..Bangalore-ooty is 6 .5 hr drive..Highlight of first part of drive was preparations for republic day function going on in schools on the way..
We were lucky enough to see these preparation in varying stages as we kept driving along..Interesting experience it was..One of schools had this small kid climbing the rod where the tiranga was to be flown later on..he was doing the initial arrangements.Must be real acrobat the way he was moving up.Saw school kids in colorful attires. One school had gals in all white attire coupled with orange duppattas..Somehow it was not looking dhinchak as it sounds..Another place school kids had these tiranga friendship bands in their hands.Even we bought a small flag for our car :-) So Belated Happy Republic day to you all

Went through bandipur and madumulai forest areas..On our way back spotted peacocok,deer elephant,monkeys and langurs..Might be going inside cld have seen more but from the outset it hardly looked many animals are there.
Ooty was a pleasure experience though.Best was our morning walk..Running up and down on the mountains in chilling cold,pretty morning surroundings and those princely villas is anytime a wonderful experience..Saw so many of those huge houses with even huge gardens there..Not sure how people maintain them though..We stayed on Havelock road and even saw havelock house on that road..Not sure who is named after whom :-)
Finally fulfilled my dream of an enjoyable horse ride..My first horse ride was in darjeeling..I must have been in 8th at that time.I remember being so excited abt taking the horse ride but when i really was on the horse,all my hopes crashed..I was a sickly kid with my nose always flowing at any given oppurtunity to do so..Horse's gallop combined with the air chill was an excellent trigger..After that only thing I remember is me struggling with my hanky and the reins of horse, trying to save myself from falling off. Phew so much for the excitement. This time I really wanted to give it another better chance..Taking clue from my prior experience,I got my afternoon lunch packed so I will have it after the ride.. Ride turned out to be a memorable event and the track they followed was next to ooty lake with the tall eucalyptus trees around.Made me crave for more.Next time I plan to take even a bigger route :-)


Took the toy train ride..this was something in my must do list..The small little compartments in blue were so cute..I found the stations and the cute look of the train even better than the ride :-) And the ticket was a small amount of Rs 7.
Got my friends over from paris here and two days were finishing his list of shopping..Thanks to fabmall was a one stop shopping and we nearly finished everything in a whopping 1 hour straight..A neat feat ain't it..Had another friends party yesterday..Still trying to get over from the party hangover..An enjoyable time overall..

Winter seems to be slipping away and afternoons are getting hotter and messier.Will go and get a nap..Enjoy the day

7 comments:

FH said...

Hi Sangita,glad to know your fun adventure on your trip.
Ooty is my Honeymoon city and always love it.It's naturally beautiful although I don't like the ppl there that much!;D

Vaibhav J said...

I bet it was a wondeful trip. Ooty is amazing anytime.
Nice pics ....
Cheers

rauf said...

Sangita, been traveling a lot these days, couldn't keep up.
i was in Bangalore on 5th 10th, then trapped in the Cauvery disturbances. the windscreen of the bus I was in was smashed. I am quite familiar with the farmers of that area. poor guys had nothing to do with the violence, the guys who were blocking the roads and railway tracks were paid thugs not farmers. Next day was the Bandh, so escaped to Kerala the same night. posting pictures of a unique temple tomorrow

diyadear said...

hey nice pics..i was at ooty in dec too but so sad that the train servoce was not available at that time.. :(

Smit Shanker said...

good one moti...its really good to know about your ooty journey..
we are thinking about going there as well....
send more pics if you have...

Mr. J said...

This reminds me.. back in college, one of my roomies Dad owns a tea estate up in the hills. Ever since I was behind his back to adopt me as his brother.

That is indeed heaven!!

Sangita S said...

Asha: Can't say much abt ppl but roads surely have gone athetic there..Actually was quite surprised on that front..ppl nowadays stay at conoor and vosot ooty though I wsn't aware earlier..But yeah overall a lovel trip I had

Vaibhav:God to see u here..U been to ooty?? For me the best was weather..I lovedddd it

Rauf:Will check out soon..Just back from another ranchi trip..

diyadear:Good to see u here..Toy train is nice but if u miss it try when u go to darjeeling heard it runs there as well

smit:Are tum yahan..That's a surprise..Hyd se pehle ooty utarane ka irada hein lagta hein ;-)

John:Phew Mr J..when did the name change..Long time since heard from you..Life seems to be taking reall busy turns..