Friday, September 07, 2007

Home Roam

Got tired of the same pic on my page.So thought now is the time to have a new post ..funny how we decide time for new post..I envy John for his regular new postings he is fast..My end to end time to finish a post is quite high.Considering,have to do spell checks grammar checks am so finicky abt which pic I want so will do trial error so many times..Now I know for sure,it really needs real effort for writers writing those long pages till they get it to their mind's perfection..

Back from home and had been a nice long trip..Went to doon and mussorie as well.Had to really blackmail my parents for the trip which according to them was not worth doing without my hubby or bro..And we talk about all the progessive society talk..Trip was good and it looked like parents enjoyed..Me surely did.





Finally my desire to visit the red fort was fullfilled.went in the night for light and sound show.Meena bazaar was so nice and the purse at 125 was something that for the first time in my life I did not even think of bargaining..To be honest I wld have been ashamed had I done so it was so intricately done..At the end me and mom both had one :-) One in pic is what I had

Something I find worth mentioning here..Meena bazzar was run by females for the females inside the Red fort.And it would open only on Friday when all the menfolk were in Jama masjid offering their prayers..I still can not stop laughing at the underline message though, prayers for men and shopping for women..:-)


Red fort looked so gorgeous and as we were waiting for the light and sound show,the security guard started telling us about the magnificent past of it..I never thought guards wld really know anything about it was a nice surprise..he literally told us all to sit in a lane like student and we were all ears,to what was being said. I wish I was able to click some pics of the so often seen Kila front on TV but the night was too dark..Light and sound show was well intended but definitely a disppointment and the scorching delhi heat made it worse.. Imagine it was night time..Only reason I can be thankful is the show gave me reason enough to make the effort to visit the Fort. The pic is of purana qila..I find them so pretty, they say its on the site of indraprashta(Pandava's capital,if it ever existed) and ASI has found signs of at least seven citites beneath this

One of changes that happens when I went for Bglr to delhi is the language..I am so used to speaking here in english when phone or enquiring..So was a plesant surprise when enquiring abt sound show the guy on the other side of the phone said Mam do u know hindi can u please speak it..Was a nice change for me,weird how less it is now that I speak of it..Home conversations are the only one I can count on..

Mussorie,home town of my favorite author Ruskin Bond.Did not even try to find him or where he lives..Hubby says a lifetime oppurtunity missed,might be he is right but could not imagine meeting him and then what?? Think it is better this way that I like him. Though it wld have been nice meeting accidentally ;-) well we all can dream can't we?


For a change I loved mall road which is nothing but a road full of all those typical chotta mota shops.Did not do much of shopping but the walk was so nice..It was the prefect cloudy dreamy weather..and the road had that nice old world charm..No cars vehicles allowed added to the lure of it for me..It was only rickshaws or ur own two foot..At the end of the walk went into a shop. We were able to finalize four items in a span of 15 minutes when we had come only for one,Speaks for the quality of the shop and of course its keeper as well..


There is so much i do not want to miss but think then it would be more of a trave blog or is it alreayd one..Here is FRI(Forest Research institute),built in 1929 no cement construction..Bldng was so impressive.Found out the willow tree used in making cricket bats..


Sulphur springs were yummy and we even had a nice chapak chapak in sahastrdhara..Shiv Temple was a rarity..No chadawa allowed and hence no kachra inside..So clean with prasad changing every hour..U even get tea as prasad..I hope I do not sound greedy :-)



Drive back was full of adventures as our driver got hold up for a challan,our fuel was on low and all the pumps in doon had closed owing to some fight..But seems luck was on our side and we made it back safely and nicely..

Back the weather is good and getting cold..So giving me all the oppurtunity to use my newly bought sweaters ;-)

Still gleaming in the beauty of it all..

And here is something I would love to share with all of you..Check out thakurkainteqam.com

I see it nearly once every day and have a good laugh..
So u all enjoy

5 comments:

anumita said...

I have said this before but I have to repeat, you do lead a blessed life! The trip sounds lovely.

sandy said...

This was so interesting to read and I enjoyed all your photos.

sandy

rauf said...

hahaha ! alhad ladki, very sweet,
Did you sing like Saira Baanu ?
'Udh ke pawan ke' sangh chaloongi'
rukh jaa aye hawaa
beautiful song

love this picture Sangita, you have the natural beauty, i did not like the wedding picture, you looked so different there, i could barely recognise you. This is the bubli happy Sangita i like. I am so glad that you did not think twice before wearing that ready made dress these photographers carry, The little girl in you pushed you to wear that. Simply gorgeous. i have seen those in Kashmir too. They even hand you a little lamb for the picture. if you have one of those please post that too. i don't know what is written on my face, people ask me to take their picture, then there is a line of people with cameras, half my time is gone.

i write what comes to mind, no spelling and grammer check, my cat used to do that for me Sangita,
Selecting pictures is the only problem. I click on post. thats all. But i can tell you its a pressure as my posts are so offensive.

Never been there, i avoid tourist places. Now only interested in forests. Sikkim next month hopefully, on mountain trek. Been there many times
This time perhaps for the last time, i am old Sangita.

Never heard of Meena Baazaar, sounds intersting. i may get bashed up if i go with my camera.
Been to the laal quila only once long long time ago. Now i skip Delhi, go stright to Ambaala or Chundigarh.

Malgudi was RK Narayan's creation. Read them all, want to read some Ruskin Bond, any suggestions ?

had a bath in sulphur springs near Kasol (near Kulu) You have to go on a short trek, not steep, i get pretty annoyed hearing stupid myths connected to the hot springs.
water was too hot but i mixed with cold water.

Friend's Weddings here, 300 KMs south of Chennai, place called Cuddalore, neat. the problem was i always have to stay till the end.
And when they hear that i am coming, mothers get their marriageable daughters ready for pictures with make up and different gaudy dresses with a load of gold jewelry, as young as 15 16, stupid people. i scream.
All alike muslims or hindus, all crazy people who want to get their daughters married at such a young age. My protests fall on deaf ears.
Sometimes i tell them to bring their daughters after ten years i get so angry with them. idiots.

Have updated Portraits and Passion green Sangita, i have thousands of them,(no joke) singers film stars don't even know their names. now i have stopped putting one or two on my disk. i give the pictures EOS end of story. i am not familiar with tamil film people though i have friends working in the field. i'll try to update, but i am very lazy, Only you and a few readers seem to be interested.

Hope you are doing fine Sangita, must be very pleasant in Bangalore now.
Take care. Say hi to Hubby.

rauf said...

once when i told one lady to bring her daughter after ten years, she said you may not be alive till then.

Your driver got a challaan ? that is nothing. My friend was driving his fancy car i was in the front seat on my way back from the wedding after an ordeal when the car got stuck in keechad. it was getting dark, highway was terrific, my friend was clipping, one stupid cyclist came from nowhere. even after applying brakes the car hit him, new lancia.
the cyclist was tossed up, was in the air then his head landed on the bonnet, an inch away was the number plate and his head would have split in two.
Screams coming from nowhere, nearly 200 people surrounded us in ten seconds. Told my friend Anand not to worry, actually i was in panic, first time for me. Luckily the guy was not hurt. Still they made us pay 2000 rupees, Lucky escape and they were reluctant to call the police, wondered why they were avoiding, we waited for more than three hours. The man was sent to a hospital 20 KMs away in a bus.
no injuries. After paying the money they tell us that the cyclist was drunk. good that cops did not come to the village, things could have been lot worse as my idiot friend Anand was not carrying his liscence RC and insurance papers.

Sangita S said...

Anu: Yeah I do..and aways thank heaven from time to time for that.

Sandy:Thanks..god to have u here

Rauf: I wld always say "Train stops at shamli" by ruskin is good..though there ar eloads more but this u shld love it..Sikkim sounds nice..had been till darjeeling when I was kid will revisit one day..India is such a huge country so difficult to see it it all.But I love it.yah bglr weather is good now though was hot in between and was praying for rians thank god it did rain..though now it does not seem to be stopping ;-) Hvae a nice time