Friday, February 08, 2008

Just back frm another wedding..yeah too many wedding at home but then weddings are always good time..
Even went on a 2 hour drive to bokaro Nice one..Had gone to pick up my bil(bro in law).. On our way it was good to see early morning mist, and ppl just waking up going about their daily chores Bokaro station was a small one had thought of a bigger one considering that its a soo well know city..3 platforms thats it..Only regret cldnt get an omlette on station..Bird flu seems to have made a strong impression on people's minds..


Way back was nice sleepy time on bumpy roads
Quite a cold time of the year and after so many years of living in kolkata bangalore mumbai had really fogotten what chill means..it Was good recall how teeth chattering & hitting cold feels ..just for old times sakes :-)



Repurcussion was of course felt after being back now down with a horrible cold so much so that even my sound is alien to me..Fil(father in law) was all packed up like a kid with his new sweater and the monkey cap..yeah it may sound funny bit it really saves you :-D




Got my mehendi done :-) mehendi gals were too fast and good.Admitted to doing it for last 4 years.quite some time..We asked the cook to light up a gas for warming our hands(trick to ensure mehendi color comes).of course it served the purpose of so much needed warmth in cold wave.



Nice to have attended finally a dulhas wedding after a gap of three dulhan's marriages and of course the chance to dance.One new ceremony was making a replica of dulhan which is done with once the dulhan comes home..Here is the one with full makeup of lehenga choli bindi mattha teeka and all...

Loved the ceremony where the groom's parents are all dressed up as dulha dulhan themselves..and here is mami posing for me ;-)

Literally gorged on litti choka on the shaadi day ..never had tasted them but somehow had this non tasty image of them..But yummy they are..I was one of few ppl on that stall and the only one to come every second either for more litti or for more chokha..


Silver man was another attractive feature.Had seen the same in europe US but in IndiaNot sure how was the guy managing in such a weird posture without even battling an eyelid
The hotels where we got married were quite nearby to where we were staying.Saw them first time after marriage.How did it feel..I wish I cld recall something or might be it will be some more years later..As of now those moments are so un vivid ..it's more of chaos that I remember..abt new ppl new place the look the makeup and of course for me the most imp issue of me and hubby to go our sperate ways for next 6 mths


But yeah glad I was to see it :-)

On our way back,was our halt at kolkata. Airport had a cloak room and I thought only railways stations had..Thanks to it we deposited our stuff in there and went roaming around..went to city centre ,used to be our fav haunt in kol days.Ate at pizza hut,manager had changed with one of serving guys having hit the position..I think i remember faces though always have been bad at names..even got to buy a sandal from khadim's.
I have a record,none of my footwear lasts long for more than 3 months..Does not matter how expensive or how cheap it is.hubby used to say this to me always and I used to make fun of him..But then after some time I started keeping the receipts just being curious to see how true his claim was ..Though I hate to admit it it but he was right yeah 3.5 is the maximum record that any of my chappals have :-(
Been watching so many movies of late..None that impresed me a lot.I think godfather series was the last that impressed me.Now that have got a DVD player,is more like a movie a day..thanks to the DVD library we joined..

Liked the concept of "sunday"(Imagine thats a movie name) but then its good with all those fast forwards only..

Friday night it is time for another movie..C you guys

3 comments:

anumita said...

Hey, even my footwear is known to perish very quickly! But I must admit that I tend to get comfortable in one pair and wear it often to work. Besides the fact that I buy like crazy and have actually thrown out pairs without wearing them even once! Why, they got "damaged" or spoilt!

Sangita S said...

Anu:Yeah so true abt getting comfy in one pair and then dragging it to its death..but 3 mths gosh its so difficult to get another nice pair..

dheemanth said...

Need to talk.
Please Email me
I don't have ur Email
Thanks
Dheemanth@gmail.com