Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Subhanallah



Saw Fanaa Today..Did not get many positive feedbacks for the movie so was apprehensive at the start
But finally decided in favor of movie and of course the cheaper tickets..Oh how I love morning shows
What did I like..Shayari was good..Not too cheap and not too heavy for a non shyari person like me..Just the right mix..Guess wld be Difficult for ppl not very fond of hearing hindi and urdu words..Second half was little slow but granted
Shots of Delhi were just superb ..Talking of delhi, everytime I hear of it ,it has shown different facets to me..
My impression of Delhi has been a place always in news for the kind of treatment meted(hope right usage) on women .Not that my view has changed even today. Just that I have seen the other part of the story as well..

My first visit happened last year when hubby was on training there.. That was a Delhi with all the broad highways,near zero jams, market and sweets at every possible corner..So many mehendiwaalas, bangle waalas..Those nookad small shops which has surprisingly heavy stock of all varieties compare to sizes of the shops..

And ofcourse u can never forget rashtrapati bhavan, lal kila, amar jawaan..If u ever go to delhi just go to that area itself..I fell in love with it at first sight....Had I stayed there for long, I surely wld have gone there every morning just to get the feel of it all.. Astonishing it is..

That is what fanna gave me..Delhi as I see it from my eyes..And that makes it special for me..
Some of scenes where I thought director wld go wrong were the ending scenes and when kajol hides in kernal's house from aamir..But he did not disappoint me..
Saw the movie alone..As hubby was on a tour and in mood to watch fanna..Good that I did..Though people around me were in shock how can I watch a movie alone..
Well what can I say to that..I enjoyed and loved it

Will soon be starting on my next painting..Yesterday did some tracing..Was not getting a clear pic on tracing paper,so put some oil on it..
Trick worked..I am still surprised at where did I learn it from..
Sure shot effect of so many movies I have watched.

Well hope will see some more good ones in future :-)

Went for Lalbagh garden..Enjoyed our time there..Check out pics at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sangita_gupa/my_photos LalBagh Visit

Ciao

Trivia: Loved all the blues in Fanaa. So badly wanted to place in Kajol's image in one of those blue tops but not too many good one available..So guess u gonna watch the movie if u reallyyy want to find out :-)

5 comments:

rauf said...

Maashaallah maashaallah Sangita, you do shaayiri yourself.
how much is the cheap morning show ticket and how much is a regular show ticket.
here it has gone upto 110 rupees, killing me and keeping me away from these hi funda theatres.
Want to see a good Hindi film Sangita, you have to suggest me one. after a long time saw steve martin in pink panther, nothing like peter sellers but he did a pretty good job, over did it infact and made fun of french english accent. Hillarious, pade 70 rupees but worth it.

gautami tripathy said...

Being a Delhite, I can only say it is as good or as bad as any other metro. I love Delhi. Becos of its people, its ability to assimilate all cultures,its extreme unpredictable weather!es, I love Delhi in all its myriad aspects.

LOng live Delhi!

No, I haven't watched "Fanaa" becos I am not very fond of Aamir Khan!

rauf said...

Lal bagh rock ? Good picture
about to rain.
saw the pictures Samgita, my mom was called 'chotti ma' by all our relatives.
saw some lovely pictures of you sangita, the pink white yellow dopatta pictures a re lovely seems to be your favourite dress.

rauf said...

I have learnt one thing from your blog, I should not ask questions

Sangita S said...

Gautami:Good that u feel such love for one city..For me who has been to soo many cities it is little diffcult for me to go for one city but yes as said I love what delhi has to us offer :-)

Rauf:that rock is 3 billion yrs old..Why ..I answer most of ur questions ain't it