Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Festival Season


Been to delhi recently..Thought of doing a rang de basanti style pics but all hopes were thrashed with the barricading all around the monument.. Pic down
My cousin sis n law's engagement was very nice and was another occasion for the whole family to meet.We even parted with a discssion like we need marriages every year but unfortunately not so many candidates..So let's start the tradition of celebration wedding anniv's..Nah not only golden or silver ones, anything will do :-)


Went on a long drive to greater noida at 11 in the night with papa sitting at the back and saying every second minute "when we will take the turn to go home". Think we bhai bahan have gone little wicked as we ignored his plea for an hour before turning backQuite impressive infrastrcuture..A city planned in advance quite contrary to the expectations.yet waiting for ppl to occupy the empty flats :-)

Went to jantar mantar and this museusm in FICCI building..Gosh have never seen such a pathetic one..There was not even a single soul in the museum and of course it was speaking the story of neglect..Won't say that concept was faulty or anything..They definitely could do with some nice marketing. Read about DNA blodd cells and what not..Reminded me of my school days and things I had forgotten ;-)
Janatar Mantar was nice though.Was quite surpsied to hear from the counter person that there are no goverment guides inside. But we did find one who had gathered knowledge over the years. Told us interesting facts like the instruments there cld accurately predict not only indian timing but greenwich, paris timings as well. Movement of celestial objects cld be traced and for grahan days they had a pond so as to avoid ur looking directly into the sun/moon/stars.Ppl cld use that to find out the hindi month day,rashi's and make the whole janam kundali of newborns..They even have this kotari(dark room) downstairs with just one small window at the top which gets lighted by sun rays on 23rd of September(Longest day)Yet to put up the pics but soon will do so..
Had the long weekend of gandhi jayanti here. went on long drive to krishnagiri..Actually we thought let's go beyond hosur and see what lies ahead..We were pleasantly surprised to find the good roads..Funniest part of the drive was trucks..Indian trucks are a class in their own..With the kind of speed they were running it is a real surprise they reach their destinations..One of them was so loaded that it was tilted on one side and was trying hard to go up the road..Quite a sight but on a serious note this is what leads to all the accident(Guess something that we all know).


Just downloaded photoshop and was trying different looks..So here are few from long..My latest obsession with clouds ..Above is in the orignal form and another worked upon using workshop..Will come up with something better as well..Just need to warm up my hands..

Tomorrow is bandh in Karnataka..I really find them all useless but then trying to cash in on the oppurtunity going for "Pyaar ke side effects" Night show..No need to worry for getting up in the morning. :-)
So time to enjoy the holidays..I love this start of festval season..Time to enjoy and enjoy
Wish u all happy festival season
PS:Pyaar ke side effects nice movie..Enjoyed the show and night drive

6 comments:

Jewel Rays said...

Hi there..Thanks for droppin by ma blog..

cheers!

rauf said...

please check

http://dhakkan4.blogspot.com/

and

http://tappal.blogspot.com/

I have changes the clouds here
still looking for better clouds

Sangita S said...

Testing my template

anumita said...

Looks like you had a great time...!

Anonymous said...

Wooowww, new template rocks!!

I'm LOLing at the tradition you wanna start.. hahaha.

I sooo envy you, watching a late night movie and getting up late the next day. Sigh!!

Sangita S said...

Jewel Rays: Good to see u here as well

Rauf:Thanks for all the help and inspiration.Else I wld have never changed my template. Hope u do not think I was rude not taking one of urs..Though I know some of the obvious faults in mine hope some day will do something abt them Cheers

Anumita:Yeah I did have a blast.BTW did u see pyaar ke side effects

John:Yipeee I got nice review for my template..I was wtng for them(YM sheepish smile) Yeah I love all the time I get