Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Happy Diwali



Happy Diwali to you All. How do I feel.. So lazy and been sleeping all day..Seems like a diwali hangover..

I love this festival of crackers and I am sure I did my best to kill all those dengue mosquitoes out there..U think that is an excuse for me to burn crackers then so be it.:-) Though I agree sound pollution shld be eliminated..

Had my niece coming over to our house..So we had a nice time..Did nearly whole day shopping day before diwali..Got all the lightings for my three balconies.Not much celebrated here in south..so in my whole partmnet block only three families had lightings..well all the more good reason why lakshmi should come to my house now ;-)


Bought Loads of colorful diya's.Even got a simple lot and colored them :-). Got the best ganesh lakshmi ok beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.Best purchase was the lalten diya..Check in the pic..Also the heart shaped one's red and yellow were painted by me..In hubby's words red is the only color I see and like..well but then it has its own charm..ain't it


And most important of all crackers..Loads of them..Had a nice pataka time in apartment..one of our neighbours fired this huge showers of light which went on for around fifteen minutes and that reminded me of aatishbaaji shows we used to watch mesemerised as kids..


Every year I get a snake my diwali are never complete withouth them..love the black snake coming out of the ground bellowing fire..Even clicked one this time :-)

Hubby is travelling for work..No idea how he does so after such a long four day vacation..Soo grateful that now I am lazing over writing this blog..

So guys enjoy and Have fun.And here is my fav diya of the season..Happy Diwali

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the sweets I ask :p

Sangita S said...

In my stomach ;-) Waise there r few in pooja thali..doubt u can figure them out though. ;-) Still carving for mroe..will go and buy again tomm. slurp slurp

FH said...

Snake visits you for Diwali! WOW!! Divine intervention,eh?:))

Happy Halloween!! What next!!

rauf said...

Sangita believe me, these are the best diwali pictures I have seen this year. Long time since I saw snakes, they were my favourites too. Now children prefer rockets. It was pretty dull in Madras. Not much noise. Glad you had fun Sangita

Anonymous said...

Hey your blog presence is getting more and more less frequent.. Kya ho rahan hain??

Unknown said...

Happy Diwali to everyone, May this Diwali bring in u the most brightest and choicest happiness and love you have ever Wished for.

Sunny
Institute of Child Development

sunny said...

Happy Diwali to everyone, May this Diwali bring in u the most brightest and choicest happiness and love you have ever Wished for.

Internationalcareeracademy.com