Monday, April 02, 2007



Another shifting in offing..No change in the city though,not that city shift would have really bothered me. Even though bangalore is acquiring all the mumbai's characterstics, population hot temperatures pollution,traffic jams..I wish it had somehow brought with it some of the vibrancy that mumbai has. Every city has a character of its own like we humans..and bangalore's charm was that easy laid back old city with tree lined narrow streets..Must be a poet or an artist's heaven..But somehow city has been stretched to its limits(like every other city though) and not be able to reinvent itself..Mumbai on the other hand is a vibrant city,not sure abt
artist's but definietly paradise for ppl who got the courage to be lost in the crowd and then come at the top..Though stretched to its limits it keeps offering u surprises at every turn..Kolkata will always be a city still in time wrap..Though I wld give it to the CM for trying hard to change its image but I still believe that's not kolkata at heart..It's a city where time stands still and ppl want to revel in it..Ppl full of proud aristrocracy at times difficult to digest it's 20th century.. Voices they raise about equality,sometimes I feel its written text admiration that fascinates them. Hand pulled rickshaws,the ease with which they use it quoting some hi fi text is a image
I find hard to forget..

Back to bangalore,temperatures are soaring real high with no rains to bring in the relief this year..went to yercaud to get away from the heat.Nice roads to drive on and
enjoyable journey esp if u start early.Though afternoons were as hot,mornings and evening were deliciously cool..went for morning walk..A good day's start what I call them.
To our surprise came across Mont Fort School..Established in 1831,nagesh kukonoor's rockfort was shot here..That brings to my mind how do these guys really hunt for movie
locations..I mean finding out such a faraway school in a far far away town.Impressive.And yercaud is not famous place mostly know as poor man's ooty only . I knew it
existed from word of mouth..Or might be thats power of word of mouth in India. Spreads far and wide..
Did see namastey london recently..Katrina looks sooo pretty..Her presence lits the screen and u are awestruck by the beauty of it all..Absolutely loved her hairstyle..Wish I had enough hairs to go for something like that.Been on a movie spree(Borrowed from shopping spree)..Seen six movies in last two weeks. So much so that my neighbor knocked on my door to check if I was there..she assumed I was out of station..It's difficult to explain though that I was busy with movies :-)
Have been on few morning walks..Now there is this office going guy with longg legs..There we are trying to walk as fast as we can and this guy crosses us swiftly with his long strides..Always makes me feel so funny..Have never seen his face..I recognize him from his walk and hubby by the way he holds his mobile in his hand ;-)
Bangalore has been having its own share of stray dog issues..Was going to cyber cafe when this little gal noticed a dog on the street and shouted see see "Stray Dog" So difficult to get into kid's mind..how come from so many dogs loitering around the city she picked one out to label as stray..
Seen so many statements from animal lover's about how we should not kill stray dogs but vaccinate them..Only thing I do not understand is how will that solve the problem..Point is valid in long term but then vaccinating them still can't make a bunch of stray dogs dragging a little gal to death..Did not seem like they had the intention of a dog bite only. It's diffciult to go by even on morning walks alone..I feel scared when I see a bunch of 7-8 dogs loitering and I can assure you our shoo shoo will not even raise even an eyebrow on them..BMP is famously happy passing the buck on to NGO's saying they are not doing their job..It has to be a case of too much on
their hands and I personally believe it can be take care of only when both parties understand that u can take care of things till numbers are in control..It's as simple as asking can a teacher take care of 200 pupil class..

Looking for houses is getting difficult with all the heat around..Let's see what we get this time. Read in paper so many blogs are dying..Seen many die,some revive some do not. quite curious about the ones who die..Is it that there is nothing more to say or just a fad
that passes of..Never know might find someday myself


Till Then Have Fun

8 comments:

Sandil said...

Yep, Bangalore's been losing it's charm. Do visit my blog on itsandil.rediffiland.com where I've posted similar stuff.

Mr. J said...

I lived in Bangalore 4 years ago, could say that I saw the city at it's best. Ever since everything has been downhill, the traffic especially.

The solutions regarding dogs is to sterilize all the rougues.

rauf said...

Hi Sangita, long time, I guessed you were on a holiday. For some strange reason I have never been to Yercaud, been to surrounding areas, like Erode, Salem, kolli hills Krishnagri many times. Never been to Hogganekkal too, its some where in that area.

You have given a perfect assessment of the Cities. I agree with you completely. I skip Bangalore now. For the fear of stray dogs early in the mornings, I was landing in Bangalore only in the afternoons by by Brindavan Exp.
That too only for a couple of hours on the way to Coorg. Next time please go to Mercara, Coorg Sangita, but the stay is as expensive as Bangalore, you'd love the atmosphere, it is like some English countryside. I was born in a forest in Coorg, that forest has disappeared. Please ask your friends before driving down to
Coorg. Right now the roads are very bad.

I used to love Bangalore some 40 years ago, now I hate it.

Anonymous said...

I am desperately looking for a PC as none of the cyber cafes in Bangalore has good facilities. Most of the computers in cyber cafes are irritatingly slow with loads of sub-standard and dubious software installed. Most of them use pirated versions which are not compatible with good sites and will get automatically closed when visiting good sites. Most of the cafes are downright dingy, seats are ugly, the keyboards smell like shit, and the cafe owner will play music so loud that you will lose all interest in browsing.

This city is rotting and I don't see no progress any more.

rauf said...

Hope you and Hubs are doing fine Sangita. Have you been to Nandhi Hills Sangita ? Very close. You'd like it if you avoid week ends, the charm is to stay there for a couple of days. Early mornings and the night sky are lovely. You would see a carpet of clouds early in the morning. you can touch them. You have to book the accomodation at the Lal bagh i think. No private accomodation.

Another place i would suggest is Kemmangondi, chikmamaglore dist. full day drive. All your fatigue would disappear once you reach there.

anumita said...

That's a beautiful pic! You write beautifully... please keep doing do.
When's the move happening?

Sangita S said...

sandil:Thanks for visiting my blog..Welcome anytime

John: yeah true..another possibility is to shift to delhi :-( but that city and me I find somehow unimaginable

RAuf:It's so nice of u to keep dropping by..yeah was little down and out with health but nothing major..slight slip disc am already up and running ..some more days to go before getting normal

beginner:phew u seem really upset..but then most of other cities r no better as well..so chill up guy

Anu:I like using that name hope u do not mind..nice to get a compliment from someone whom one admires..so thanks :)

rauf said...

Yes complete rest for slip disc Sangita, Only fear is making it worse by moving about and driving on bad roads. Been to silent valley, came back this morning, spent some time with my friend who practices tribal herbal treatment, nothing to do with ayurveda, he may have some suggestions for slip disc. Hope you get well soon Sangita.