Saturday, March 11, 2006

Balloon Love


Today was shopping day..We went to City before our impending travel..And there I got my balloon
Yeah on our way back I fell in love with those balloon flower..Not I am not that fluffy soft toy or daily "I love u" balloons kindaa person..But this was little different so yeahhh I went of it..Buying it was quite a scene..Hubby trying to juggle it from taxi window..Taxi walla waiting & encouraging hubby to open the gate to get it in.. Loads of taxi shouting at top of their voices so we move ahead..

So ultimately balloon did come after all the efforts



Here is hubby..To him this has more resemblance to a sword than a petal..well as I always say perceptions differ



Ok Apart from the balloon show,got a kurta pajama for my chotte sasurji.. suit for myself and yippee a sandal for me..it is very chamak chamak but fell in love with it

Went to malgudi Junction..Pretty decent place for idli dosa lovers like me..tea was not good.. guess should have gone for south Indian coffee..



My Nib painting is finally over and today it along with two other paintings went for framing..Yeah had been due since soo long.

Last week went to Zoo as well.. Was my first visit to a zoological garden as an adult..Surprisingly I loved it..Not only was I surprised by in general good conditions in which animals live..After all the ho halla about zoo's I thought it wld be something really pathetic..But I was satisfied at least on space and water front..

Though I agree that some of the pinjra’s were small but most of them exceeded my expecations..Pics did not come out that nice..due to the sheer distance
And of course the bars between us and animals

But anyways here are some of them in case u wanna have a look at the Royal Bengal Tiger, kid king kong ..
Check out the Kolkata Zoological garden album at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sangita_gupa/my_photos
Holi is approaching and so is my travel day..Yeah tomorrow we are off

So, Wish you all a very Happy and Colorful Holi

7 comments:

rauf said...

My cousin's wife bought a flat with the money she made from her nib paintings, your work seems far superior Sangita. Please take it seriously, and think of an exhibition.

rauf said...

please think of Indian village life as a subject.

Mr. J said...

Wow, you paint.. I love to collect paintings. So tomorrow is Holi.. looks like most of India will be celebrating it. Damn, I miss those days.

Mr. J said...

You should stop playing with the balloons to make a post.

Sangita S said...

Rauf: Thanks :-) Yeah one day will do that..a village theme..

Me: Am back will soon be up with holi post..Loads of travel still pending

SwB said...

hello sangita.

Sangita S said...

Hello SwB..Good to see u here. Wish u a happy holi.