Friday, March 03, 2006

Sunshine


Saw friend’s last episode in Star World..How I love that serial. Scene where every one picked out their own keys and placed it on the tables looked so much familiar and endearing. well yeah we did share the keys but nah it never was so many versions..Or was it??

Yesterday was a good day. Went to City Centre and imagine the surprise when I met two of my college mates there..I was like wow meeting both of u is kindaa bonus ..One friend completed my words saying “Ek ke saath ek free”..
Yeah I know I become so embarrassingly obvious at times but she took it quite sportingly..

Half an hour was spent there chatting and catching upon abt us and so many around us..
In those 30 minutes I was declared a brave woman who somehow did what all of them have been thinking . Ppl still get shocked at how can I quit a well to do job and what I do whole day..I wish I had the perfect answers.

At least the fact that it’s been five months helps them understand that I have no plans for a comeback.

One of my best friends gave birth to a baby boy..I tried so hard not to call her(I did sms her) but in the end I did.. Talked to her mother gathering all the tiny miny details..Aunty was left wondering who she was talking to..yeah she knew my name but that was it..Funny it was

Also I had hakka noodles yesterday. Since I came to Kolkata this was the first time I was having it..why I never had it in such a long time,I have no idea..Just that It happened so. I ended up blocking my throat..Not as bad but enough to get me knowing greed is bad..We all know greed is bad but at times reminders are cool

Apart from so many personal goodie’s came the great news that Nuke deal is done..

Now I am quite confused abt this whole deal..Let me try to explain..Few Nuke deal highlights that concern my query are


1. Our civilian reactors wld be under IAEA safeguards permanently
2. Nuclear fuel wld be guaranteed to the civilian reactors .

Impact of deal is India wld be De facto Nuclear Power
Now that's good and understood I am cool abt it..


Second part is abt IAEA safeguards which has made our scientists worry(and me as well).
As for scientist's worry, reports say these nuclear techniques were developed indigenously under many constraints( yeah that’s how TOI reports states it).

My worry, are we trying to say that we might not be adhering to IAEA safegueards. Well still ok but if so it leads to


· Requirement of R & D, Change in existing technology..(And we are not getting any support on this part right??)
· Applying this technology change to reactors to ensure they adhere to IAEA safeguards
· Are we putting a stop on new reactors till we have this new tech. which adheres to IAEA safeguards is in place. But then I heard NPC is planning for at least 6 new reactors

So basically I am pretty worried abt these nitty gritties .. I hope I got across my point..

Unfortunately no paper no report seems to be bothered..I have not seen a single person questioning it all..And that’s what has been pricking me since the news has come out of this Nuke deal

Is it there is something too obvious that I am missing or I am thinking too far ahead.
No I need not be a nuclear scientist to figure out questions like above..

I am sure our ppl do have the plans and answer to whatever I said above.And it’s only a case of information not being dissipated..Though I wish it had the info (if anyone can enlighten me please do)

On a lighter note weather has been cooling off for last few days.. ..A respite from the heat.. Dove’s kids are growing day by day on my balcony. Soon it would be time to pack the bags and travel.

Have a Nice Day

Trivia: I love the play of light and shadow creation in the pic..One of our rooms getting sunshine

8 comments:

rauf said...

Happy times Sangita enjoy the days.

After our friend George Bush's visit and the nuclear deal (don't know a thing about it) suddenly I was very happy to know that from the day of the nuclear deal I will be known as a civilised man to the rest of the world.

From March 2006 Sangita, You have become a civilised person. Enjoy ! throw a party.

The people who don't know a thing about culture are giving us the liscence to become civilised.

Mr. J said...

"greed is bad but at times reminders are cool"

This one was really cool ;)

And yeh India is all across the international news with this deal.. Let's see what's in store. Have a nice weekend.

Sangita S said...

Rauf : Do not know abt being civlised or not..But yes I do know that if the rate at which we are using the conventional resources, we are doing a huge damage..and this deal allows us to get a way out..A way which gives has potential to give us far more energy and in less conventional way..So I feel it is important

me:Thanks :-) Yeah tryign to get my answers..TOI today gave some..waiting for rest.

Hey guys ain't the pic nice..And my clock as well. I love them both :-)

Unknown said...

Great to see people happy!!
Thanx for dropping by my blog! :)
Cheers

Unknown said...

And oh, u dropped by my old blog. Next time go here
*grin*

rauf said...

Aiyoo Ramchandarji !! I was trying to find a clock in your picture Sangita, I thoughts something is seriously wrong wid me.

Nothing better than sunlight washing your room, from the window I meens not from the roof which would be a disaster during the rain. I have putted a small glass on my roof.
Good picture Sangita.

angeldust_xtc said...

did i mention how green works on ur page? well it does:)


one day i m gonna make it till the end of ur post..too tired girl.


take care.

Sangita S said...

Anjaan:Yeah I do enjoy..Hope to see u more often here

Rauf: Nothing wrong with you..Me mentioning both clock and pic in same breath was the real culprit
:-)

Angel: Good to see u here , been quite some time..,glad u liking the page..Guess my posts are getting longer..U seem to be working veryy ahrd these days..Something exciting coming up..I am all ears to hear :-)