Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pretty Palash


Spring is knocking at the doors.. Can see palash(tesu ) all around me. Took this pic while on my way back home from gym.
It is quite hot here now. By 1:00 in the afternoon u will hardly see anyone around. All the shops are closed..Small vendorwalla’s lying down in the shade to catch up on their sleeps for few hours..

Roads are dusty and burning..So walking back on such an afternoon day the ‘tapak’ sound made by palash falling from the tree was a welcome.

Just peered above and saw this tree full of red palash..Bengal is so full of them..You can see red, yellow white palash flowering everywhere..


Gives every bit of color to these hot colorless afternoons .. Reminds of the coming of Festival of colors..yeah it is holi I am talking about. Palash has a special association with holi. As per veda’s (Hindu old ancient text) color from these flowers was used for holi and also brings health benefits like increase in blood circulation.

Know not about medical benefits but yeah the beauty of it surely increases my blood circulation

Today saw the Saare gama pa finals. Quality of the top 10 contestants was soo amazing..I fell for twinkle’s smile , Himani’s beauty , paresh’s accent, hemachandra’s voice

Wonderful platform and cheers for all of them to be performing bedhadak in front of so may audiences..I am sure with so many ppl from music industry talent can’t go unnoticed and everyone will make out their own destiny.. Wish them all success.


Have been hearing out about Jessica Lal murder case. With so many witnesses going hostile, I have no idea how can justice ever be delivered.. But must appreciate at least the media drive/focus which has led to at least the initiative for another trial.(hopefully will be a favorable one). We can always crib about what is not being done but definitely need to appreciate here what is being attempted. So did u send the sms..I did

Do u guys know we got no trains to places like Kohima..I was surprised recently to discover that except for capitals in NE regions(means 4 states) most of the other places have no train connectivity...First thought to appear in my mind after hearing this was, if NE ppl are doing all the agitation of non development in their areas they are not wrong at all..

So all that unrest is not that unjustified..(Ok I might sound like some junkie coming from another planet..)

Now for this rail connectivity u can give any reasons like it is tribals area hilly area..Not many industries around there..But isn’t it that it was rail networks had played a major part during industrial revolution. So how can u even think of triggering development in those areas without such a basic need being fulfilled. Guess made my point. But I am still recovering from this new found fact and my unawareness about my own country..

Time for a outing.. Nah no train journey..A simple walk by the road.

Enjoy the day

9 comments:

Mr. J said...

What is Palash?? I think its one of the guy's name in an Indian band.. Maybe a letter to Laloo might help with the train connectivity ;)

e2d said...

Nice ..lot of interesting information..particularly enjoyed reading the story behind holi or palash(either way).
And yea u r right..pretty surprising how much we are unaware of things happeneing in "swades".

rauf said...

Been to Mizo Sangita, don't know about other NE states, Till Shillong there is a possibility, but after that its nearly impossible, even the buses to those regions are small. My Fav. is always Sikkim, like the place more than Kashmir. Been there four times.

rauf said...

Yes there are other problems which I can't discuss here.

Sangita S said...

Me: Yeah u right abt the guy..Origin of his name was the flower in pic :-) Help frm Laloo how I wish things were so simple. But u never know I might just do that

e2d:Thanks :-) Yeah there is so much to explore..Wish I cld do in this lifetime

rauf:Sikkim I also heard is quite pretty..Any pics ..Can we expect a blog on Sikkim's pics from you :-)

rauf said...

Yea I have too many of them Sangita, scanning them is the problem, Going there again is lot easier for me. Perhaps in June this year, too many marriages coming, I have played cupid in one of them, so great deal of pressure, once they are over I go cool off in Sikkim

Zette Remi said...

Hey! Never heard of "Palash". Must see it nect time I am in Kolkotta - but I guess that is a seasonal flower...

Sangita S said...

kazi: Yeah that might help..Ur wife's name is sangita as well..were u looking for her by any chance here..Ok just kidding. BTW why in your site no option of leaving comments

...: Yeah it is seasonal.Actually in abundance for next 2 mths..Check out if u can come then. :-)

Mr. J said...

What up.. long time no post..