Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cricket Fever



Cricket season is here and so our TV is working overtime nowadays.. Got to see quite a few ads in last few days

Realized yesterday how the number of kids in advertising industry has grown over the years..I mean of the 5 ads coming up in crick break four had kids in them and the ads varied from car to insurance product…Guess it I more to catch the EQ(emotional Quotient) of us consumers rather than the fact product is meant for kids or not..

Coming to real question, does it really matter if an ad campaign has kids in it..Well for me yeah at least cute kids do catch your eyes..and their innocence.. Wat can you say..At times they are soo perfect to pass on the message..U seen that recent Hutch Ad ‘Do not click without permission’ Not a single word but still message hits u..

As for Daag Acche hein, My Daddy’s Big Car, I am saving for it, never made me change my choices but I do remember these ads for their cute quotient

Not sure if brands are getting their values, but I surely am enjoying it


Checked out the match yesterday. I am not one of those mad for cricket ppl though hubby is..But the last hour was something even a no fan like me watched wide eyed.. Shreeshanth’s body jumble, Yuvraj’s leg crumble and Dhoni’s sixers all made it quite exciting
Have u ever heard Imraan and Nasir’s analysis abt the match. There is no halla gulla Sheer facts and cool minded analysis of facts. I like that format

That is the part I cherish most and have realized whether I see the match or not I am all ears for this one.

Oops, enough of cric talk..coming to food. Yeah the one in the pic.

I love idli’s and that’s the dinner I had at the start of the weekend..Yeah I ate all of them. And the bowl u see there is the one I bought. My maid even has broken one of them.. But I dare not tell her the price. Instead told her u breaking such precious glass bowls..Be careful. Well makes more impact I hope :-;

Check out LNM’s exclusive interview on NDTV. They are running it day and night..Quite amusing to see Barkha dutt trying to provoke LNM and do I see him amused as well .. well let me know.

C ya all

9 comments:

Mr. J said...

Lady, can you send me those idli's and chutney via Fed ex??

Sangita S said...

Me :It's sambhar only..Never made any chutney's..Will try them sometime for sure.

e2d said...

cricket and idlis hu?PErfect sangita.
Not that I am a HUGE cricket fan...(well I used to be when I was in school that too only one-day internationals).I had a huge crush on steve waugh and wasim akhram..so mostly watched to support them...but would be happy if India won.
Anyway..enjoy the time.Those idlis look yummy.Like ME I too thought it was chutney.

Anonymous said...

Hi…I’m Roy, just start the journey in the blog-world. New..... so learning the tricks by peeping in others blog without any prior permission (sorry for that!!).

Cricket?!? now lost in passion but there was sometime did everything for it....shout, beat , beaten now find in those 8 hrs they earn 1 lakh or me?!?!
No0w I'm trying maybe not 1 lakh but its more than 1 rupee now...bored out of cricket, controversy, cricketers..

Heii, why not take a look to my blog: (http://comeonroy.blogspot.com/) & tell me where I need to improve. Most important, maybe you can also get something new & interesting stuff…..maybe!!
Hoping to hear you..
Roy

Zette Remi said...

YUM - MY! I too would love for you to send me those idlis please - even though I just had it for bfast this morning :-)

Sangita S said...

e2d:Yeah me too not ahuge fan but what to do with my countrymen..So mad abt it :-(

... Thanks..I make real good idli's na(self praise okk) :-)

Roy: Are u on a blog visting spree..Saw u leaving the same comments at lot many blogs,with few lines changed.Somehow makes me feel as target of some ad campaign..ppl visit blogs as they enjoy reading thru them not for some advertisment.Ur comments are more like 'Visit My blog fast. See I visited yours & here is the address'. I have your link man..You name 'roy' in there has it..Am I being nasty..But u asked for the advice right

Unknown said...

just saw ur post on my other blog. Dropping in to say hi!

Did you know that the "Idli" is listed in the WHO as the most harmless food item in the world?

Cheers

rauf said...

I am so out of touch Sangita, all the names you mention are so new to me ( not the cricket players, I know the names of their grand father and grand mothers too)

there was a serious debate on TV once abt the children appearing on commercials. nothing conclusive.

Good picture of the idlis Sangita, but the picture doesn't show if the idlis are soft or hard like concrete.
You ate them all ???????

Sangita S said...

Anjaan: Nice to see u here..

Rauf:Yeah I at them all..Good idea abt idli's..Will try to capture when I am sure it will come out best :-) I won't like to show off hard idli's :-(