Monday, March 27, 2006

Journey


Walking down the memory lane..I was on my last visit to IFFCO
Allahabad..I spent 18yrs of my life there..Gosh sounds so stagnant to me
today..But then never felt so in those 18 yrs..Guess I still have that small town with in me somewhere




On the way back from visit to Windom falls..I fell in love with
the setting..quite surprising how suddenly u find such places which u see and say
Hey that's soo perfect..One of those kodak moments for me..





I felt this was so picture postcard like..and imagine it coming out of my mobile
camera makes me more proud..Going on a boat ride on sangam was my idea of giving ode to my grandma and ganges for one last time..
I still remember the early morming when we used to pack our aloo ka paratha's and leave with grandma for the sangam snan..(Sangam is metting of three river Ganga Yamuna and Saraswati. and it is there in Allahabad)

Half an hour my world was still in those waters..




Such a cheery pic..Have a Happy Day

check out more in Album "Sangam Vihar" at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sangita_gupa/my_photos

6 comments:

Mr. J said...

Truly a kodak moment. So when you sending me the picture postcards ;)

rauf said...

So many places I have missed, never been there Sangita, your pictures urge me to go there. sitting under the tree and the boat against the setting sun is just beautiful.

Memories are memories Sangita, its growing up, its experience, they teach you what not to do.

rauf said...

Saw all the pictures Sangita, the sunset pictures, the boy selling pooja boats snd the close up of pooja boats are just lovely, 'Filmi' looks like 'Amar Prem' Perhaps that was Hoogly, I can't really recall the song you've mentioned or the film, I know only old songs Sangita, don't have a clue about the new ones.

Sangita, showing the camera directly to the sun is risky, you have taken one picture before sunset. setting sun in fading light is fine.

Sangita S said...

Me: :-)Kodak, how some ads are still etched into our memory..

Rauf:True abt memories..Camera facing sun is risky :-( I love doing that..even some of my frnds told me it is stupid as robs the pic of the neauty..But I love that sparkle it gives..

karmic said...

Love your blog. Very nice pics. :)

Sangita S said...

Thanks Jay :-)