Saturday, July 01, 2006

Explore



Trying to explore Bangalore. Now that can be a difficult task considering the city itself being very small.(Having stayed in
Mumbai and Kolkata definitely my comparison parameter might be little tough)
Location wise Bangalore is at such a juncture there are enough two or three day trips you can plan.But what abt ppl like me who want one day joys and who does not have the endless appetite like a Normal Indian for temples..

I know that make things a lot tricky..To add to the trouble we did take that one day KSTDC tour in 2003 leading to our visting all the major places inside the city.
So what is the solution..If there are problems there sure are solutions as well..And so far my bangalore renzdevous has been planned thanks to information on the internet. So again last weekend spent an hour at net trying to find the right kind of place for our moods and time..Yipee and there it was Banerghatta National Park Though reviews on net were quite bad with respect to the infrastructure maintenance.. but then I am not even sure why people cribbed about..I consider it a known fact for any government enterprise.

So there we were ready with our aloo ka paratha's and digicam to accompany us. Visit was interesting.
First time I took an elephant ride.They call it Joy Ride and sure joy it was.

Best part was the tiger safari. For the first time it was we who were caged inside the bus instead of the beast..And it was the beast trying to smell us and see what was inside that caged structure(yeah the bus)..Seem them in the wild and u get to know why are they called royal

Next stop was zoo. Snake's Meal time is something I will never forget..caretaker was soo cool about the whole process..he went
inside the cages in absolutely normal clothes. Kept the food of rats and chickens at a centre place and then with a steel rod
in his hand,went on with task of going to each and every hole picking the snakes out of it..Yeah and I saw it all with my eyes
and mouth open
This man sure deserves a placed in guiness book of records..Here are some of the pic you can enjoy.

Check out Banerghatta
National park album at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sangita_gupa/my_photos

Since coming to Bangalore I have been to quite a few places like the planetorium, muscial fountian,lalbagh gardens.but the best part I love is our weekend walk. Today it extended for two hours..Just a gully(Next time I surely am getting the name if this one) and some surrounding galliyans and still we find so much there..we
start at our leisure pace covering parks on the way to our loved street..To be exact there are at least three of them on
the way and I am not counting the ones in surrounding gullies..No I do not visit all of them everytime..Just that I have soo
many choices available makes it cool
Then comes our juice centre.Juices here are so inexpensive,easily available that I am trying to convince hubby to take walk
till here everyday..Soon I shall succeed. On top of all this, gully has golgappa shops, bhelpuri telewaala, sweet shop and today we found out corner house(Famous ice cream
shop here) as well.
Sounds like a perfect street..:-)
Coming to think of it we have been a great lover of such street food since our Mumbai days. In Mumbai juhu beach was our
favorite haunt with all the dosa's, malai kulfi..Kolkata it was city centre .. and now here this street.
we always need a place to haunt in every city which is comfy to reach and is a sureshot joy..Good to see all the cities so far
have accomodated us in this respect..Hope shall see many more in my lifetime


So here comes another weekend and the walks of life goes on.

4 comments:

rauf said...

Never been to Bannarghatta Sangita, its some where far away, tried many times but I am always in a hurry in Bangalore, I try to get away as quickly as possible. Never heard of musical fountains.Lot of stray dogs in many bangalore galiyan.
saw all the pictures in your album

Mr. J said...

a gully and some surrounding galliyans

Lol...

And looks like you make every place you stay interesting ;) Neat stuff.

SwB said...

hey sangita ... kaisa hai?

Sangita S said...

Rauf: yeah I know bangalore has gone quite crowded and polluted..BNP is nothing in comparison to your silent valley but good getaway for city ppl like me
Me:yeah I try to enjoy as much as I can
SWB: Me cool..Heard of serial blasts in Mumbai..Hope u all ok..How I hate seeing Mumbai facing one calmaity after another..