Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Happy Independence Day



Was I sleeping ..John asked me..I really think I was..Been through loads.. lately saw KANK yesterday and was quite surprised by the fact that I liked the movie..Had gone keeping real low
expectations considering the reviews..
I think one reason for me liking it cld be attributed to the fact that being in a marriage changes ur perspective..Guess hubby
rightly pointed this can be really confusing for already scared on shaadi's thought youngsters..
Biggest surprsie to me was all the ho halla in reviews over the fact that how come rani does not like a dude as cool as
abhishek..To be honest I was quite surprised at this question itself..I mean if this would have been asked by ppl of my
parent's generation I wld have thought ok..As when they look for the partners for their kids this is what they go out for.(A
wonderful looking well settled well groomed man who wld look after your daughter)
But this coming from our generation was quite surprising..I mean realllly if that is the case why all this talk about clicking
with our partners. I personally believe "This click" is something very very individual and no amount of money personality can
enforce this..Well yes this can be improved to some extent ..That is where I believe rani cld have worked a little harder on
her marriage but then there is a limit to what can be shown in a 3 hour movie and karan was definitely showing one aspect.. So
a commendable effort overall..
Coming back to life,bangalore has been good to us for long drives..Went to hosur..Actually Sunday afternoon we decided to go to
Hosur road and the empty stretch was sufficient enough to convince us to keep driving ..That's how we reached tamilnadu and the
college my sis in law did her MCA..highlight of the drive was a scene where this woman with a vegetable jhola in her hand was
walking besides her buffalo(bhens) in such non hurry attitude..Both of them side by side silently enjoying each other's company..how I wish I had
clicked her..
Have u ever realized in your life certain things come a full circle..Let me explain..As a kid there was a time when we were
fans of Parle G trhen came the era of all the wonderful creamy chocolaty biscuits..And suddenly few days back i realized I was
back to Parle G. Thanks to my bro in law who gave the habit to my sis in law and there it came to me..Now the stopry does not
end here..I went to teena(my close buddy I must say) and there I find her taking out PARLE G and I was like gosh U TOO:-)
Saw Main hoo Naa again yesterday.I have seen sequence of Shahrukh first time waiting seeing sushmita and singing "chand mera
dil" soo many times but it is as hilarious and sweet as ever..Both me and hubby watched glued to our TV's..he did not even took
calls which is rare :-) There are some movies I can watch & watch & watch..Another one of such wld be Mummy yeah I know very
kiddish but we love it..
Too much of movie talk..But then this is movie season with so many releases coming up..Very expectedly waiting for Lage raho
Munnabhai..Songs sound good. so should be the movie. yet to take the tickets.
Will give the updates soon..See u guys till then..Enjoy

7 comments:

rauf said...

Lovely arrangement, good to see Indian Tiranga. I was in Bangalore but hectic schedule, no flower show.

vivek said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vivek said...

Who is that beautiful lady you posted on July 27? She is so beautiful and her eyes are extremely captivating.

Mr. J said...

Hey.. sleeping kya???

rauf said...

Pink again, Ah! you love pink. Such a beautiful dress ! You bot this and the pink dopatta one from the same shop ? You look gorgeous anyway. Both the dresses are lovely. Have you ever purchased churidaars from Jaipur or Jodhpur ?
I go bonkers. I do it on the day I travel back home, weight and money the reason, I keep just enough for train and auto fare. Rest goes to churidaars, and some jazzy colourful bags with mirrors and zari. I buy for my niece sisters and friends. I sit in the train and write names on the plastic bags so that these peepal don't fight. I carry a marker pen. But I get the kickings always.
How much you pade for this ?
I always lie, otherwise they scream
at me, worst they laugh at me. they always do.
I tell a low price
What 400 ? Are you mad ? you can get this for 150 here. You idiots never bargain. Bewakhoof !!
I don't like to strain my lungs bargaining. Bikkaas I smoke the strongest tobacco. Van Gogh.

anumita said...

That's a lovely pic and a lovely dress you are wearing!

Sangita S said...

Rauf: Yeah pin and sky blue are my fav colors..Bought this dress for 600 I guess..and me not good at bargaining as well :-(

Venkat:I wish I knew who u are talking about as I never did any post on 27th..U sure u came to right place

Me:Thanks to u I woke up ;-)

Anumita:Thanks :-) Longgg time How have u been..