Friday, May 25, 2007

It's the time of the year which I love most..Rains..this year rains are much more prettier than any other as I am into a independent house ground floor..So I got an aangan/peechwaada and even front real small garden as well..So I can just step out when I want to and be under the roof when I want to be a mere spectator..

This house has a mango tree..yeah u heard it right.At most weird times of day one can hear these sudden big bangs of mangoes landing right in my backyard.Half of them eaten by birds frequenting the tree..Since I came here I have been a keen listener of loads of different bird voices..Google is coming up with new video search..Imagine u putting in a small pic and it will find out all similar pics and their details for u. How I wish they had a audio search where I can just place in the bird voices and they can find out the details of the birds for me..sometimes I wish I knew the voices better and could say names like whistling thrush and what not..I do hear loads of whistles in my backyard but not sure if they belong to the variety said..

Want to put up a bird bath kindaa thing..wld be real interesting..have a huge diya and many times, the thought of converting the same into a bird bath has crossed my mind ..

It's quite different a feeling living on your own rather in an apartment..No security whom I can call anytime of the day to whine light is not there. Instead I need to look out for problem source..Ringing owner's bell is a nice way of finding out if its a colletive failure or only my concern ;-) Surprisingly this is the first city stay for me where power cuts are so common but am sure now such is the situation in most of the cities..
Another important tip for non starters like me, voltage dim is a generic phenomenon and not home specific..So need not bother just say gods name and have belief in our power supply units.Another intresting aspect always try looking into ur neighbor's home,and u might discover something interesting like TV is still working :-) and can help u kill some time
Also CFL's(compact fluorescent lamp) work wonders in such conditions..Nothing else wld glow but CFL won't give u away and light up the home for you..Just the other day read an article on how a village has reduced their power cuts by saving the power by using these wonder lamps..

Life is different now that I am down and out with this weird slip disc thing..Been so long since had any outings..Just the other day was watching my sandal,how long since wore it..Now adays a small sneeze can make me feel all the 306 muscles in my body.Yeah and some of them u never even realized were there.I surely know my body more than I knew in all those years of studying :-)

Plans to go out this weekend though.One visit to my doc and another to cheeni kum. Hope Big B does not disappoint me..waiting eagerly for Penguin's love story on NatGeo, 27th at 8 pm..again voiced by Big B..So do try to catch it up and have a happy weekend.

Note: Pic is of my adorable nephew who recently turned one ..and also tells of the nice times I had at my in laws

2 comments:

rauf said...

i thought its a girl Sangita, very sweet smile.

Aangan and Pichwaada Mango tree birds, is really a blessing.
The mangos are organic, please keep that in mind. perhaps no one is spraying any pesticides on them.
Keep looking for good ones. You can make acchaar. You will find lots of parrots there, so please keep your camera ready and delight your readers. Sony and Panasonic have come up with good zooms. Now 8 MP cameras are common. You need not go for close ups, you can crop the bird alone from the picture and post it. please keep some beaten rice and paddy at home to feed the birds. in a while you will become an expert on birds, you will be able to identify each sound. Bird bath is a good idea, they come to drink water. Please don't shoo away the crows. they are birds too.

Day before i was taking pictures of Singer Gayathri, just 34, 2 kids, same problem, slip disc, difficult to sit on the floor for Riyaz and for concerts, she said she is going for tractions. she can walk but can't climb the stairs, please don't say i can't do this i can't do that,like my sister says, please don't say that you can't sit on the floor, you can make it worse with your attitude, but no sudden movements. over stretching could be a problem. but within limits keep excercising. Hope you are going for your usual morning walks.
my regards hubs

rauf said...

BTW, i am in bangalore on 29th, baptism of my friends child in church , the priest is a good old friend too, we argue a lot, rushing out of bangalore on the same day to Coorg. After coming back i'll tell you the condition of the road. Mercara is a beautiful place, you should see the way the coorgi women wear a sari. But shalwaar khamees have invaded coorg also. going to kerala from there to chase rain.