Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Rains Rains and Rains




Bangalore is cool..Yeah I mean in literal terms..It rained yesterday..I was lucky as I went out exactly at the time when it started raining..So kindaa saw the the rains the dhool and winds all thru
Got few snacks packed and took them home to my friends place..Had a nice candle light talking time with her..Feels so good and of course along with the chocolate excess it was yummy..Hail Barista..(Yeah it was a barista product)
Read ruskin bond (better re-read)..guess he is my all time rain favorite..Gosh how I wish I cld quote him here..Yesterday while reading tried to remember the words but no use..My memory always fails me..Sure will do so once have net at home and can do all the copy paste stuff..

Read whole of Vikram Seth "Two Lives". Collected it from roadside. Imagine bok of above 600 in 120..
Such things can happen only in India. Lovely and I can return him after reading at 50 percent..what say
Thanks to Nango yeah that was the name of the guy..Even took him mobile number..Poor soul seemed worried what was I going to do.. (YM Smiley)

Well coming back to the novel it was good..Though the part of Henny's letters are little diffcult to follow but I love the feel of it..No pretension life of 2 ordinary ppl who have seen quite a lot in their lives..at times I think i can read any biography but nope not so..It all depends upon who the writer is and how nicely he is able to capture your imagination

Noticed quite a few eateries on my way back to gym..Usual very small one room kinds..and what I find written on the walls "Customer Satisfaction is our aim" ...Nope I am not saying that huge shops are good, they also turn out to be worse at times..What I am pointing out here is the awareness of the terms like "Customer Satisfaction" at such grassroots level..Amusing yet surprising.

Oops my time seems to be getting over :-( yeah that one hour cap..So will surely drop by soon..Till then enjoy

Note:Pic on the top is one I took while visiting Adalaj Stepwell..You can visit the whole album at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sangita_gupa/my_photos titled "Adalaj Stepwell Visit"

5 comments:

rauf said...

One good thing about Bangalore is you don't have to know the local language. People are getting angry with me that I am skipping weddings and other functions. My eyes start burning So I have been skipping bangalore since one year.
And I can't afford one day in Bangalore.

I am from coorg, used to spend a couple of days in bangalore. now i go straight to mysore and take a bus from there.

Mr. J said...

Wow... nice. Talk about a good life. Bangalore is just amazing, except for the distances.

rauf said...

Crossing Bangalore next week Sangita not stopping goin mysore straight. Hazaar reletives there and lots of friends. Need lot of money to go around in Bangalore, which I don't have I am a phateechar kangaal, always broke, and lot of people waiting to squeeze my neck. and suddenly 200 betiyan would have become jawaan and all the mothers waiting for me to photograph them for aliance purpose. Sangita, do you know I am considered a lucky man ? All betiyan I shoot get married within 6 months, non pending now, all married. And I am supposed to attend all the weddings.
For some strange reason Bangalore is the centre for photography too. there are many photography associations there which serve absolutely no purpose. Please tell me if you want to buy a digital, Madras is cheaper than Bangalore but no warranty.

angeldust_xtc said...

ur last update was 2 weeks ago...wassup?

Sangita S said...

rauf: Yeah Enjoying bangalore I agree pollution is on rise. Wish they cld also go for CNG like delhi and Ahmd. Makes city a lot less polluted
Me:Distances..Hmm u need a Mumbai dose. ;-)

Angel: At least this way I know u visit ;-) On a serious note was in delhi for a week so missed the post