Friday, May 05, 2006

Life Settles Down



Am at loss of words ..but guess this happens to all of us in a blue moon. Life is settling down in Bangalore..I love the fact that I have got an open kitchen and balconies all around..imagine to my surprise when I found myself staring into a gilhari,sitting on topmost seat of a ladder..Funny it was

Bangalore is lot more windy than Mumbai. good for me, ensures the soothing sound from my wind chimes. Guess my ears r attuned to that voice..hubby says he can’t hear a single thing but I can hear lightest of tinklings..quite soothing..One day will have a water fountain as well..

One of my balconies has church next to it. last weekend when we were shifting could hear the sounds of Sunday mass..
This weekend will ensure sitting thru the same at my balcony..such prayers have a very lovely feel to it..

Someday will have a jhoola in this balcony. Sure u wld have seen many of them in gardens/terraces. not sure what exactly do we call that L

Met my college day friends as well here. gap of eight years. So many of us are in Bangalore right now. As someone mentioned either everyone we know is in Bangalore or in US..
Got a maid who speaks Tamil.. She is trying her best to teach me some.
Though I never discourage her, I have some serious doubts on my capabilities in this regard.. Tamil is soo different from hindi..at least Bengali had some similar sounding words..She doesn’t even know how badly I am struggling to even remember her name..it is kurungi..I just hope I got it right.
Here ppl know at least 4 languages..especially ppl in professions like drivers, maids etc..

Joined a gym as well. Gym hunting was quite an interesting exercise..Never thought it could tell of city’s culture but sure it does..Loads of gyms r there but ppl here are more into the objective of body building ..
Settled for gym near my home. Owner said they r discouraging ladies from coming there as they r few in number
and too ireregular..I insisted..At least proximity will ensure I attend the same daily J

Went to Lalbagh gardens once..Nice place but little far off..Need to visit when have mire keisure time at hand..Do I hear someone laughing that what more time do I need. J

My marathon seems to be off. Considering the fact that I have not done any preparations at all..Let’s see.

Difficult to work from laptops(Hubby’s)..guess good for working ppl ..
PC’s are such a comfort..yeah little bulky though.
Met my neighbors on the floor. One of them had a son doing freelance marketing. Another had loads of realtions visiting her currently. She is from Malda in west Bengal though a rajasthani..And third ones r the couple both working..No me not that social just that our cable was off..Hubby gave me a deadline which ensure my knocking on every possible door to get the number..Good it was though J

Hmm, New beginnings made. Let’s see where life takes me from here.

Let me live each day as it comes. Ciao

Trivia: Pic above was taken in Ahmedabad garden.

3 comments:

Ben said...

hey sangita...what is your take on abortion..

http://shamben.blogspot.com/2006/04/silent-screams.html

Mr. J said...

Ahhh welcome back. Life sure is exciting. B'lore brings back, good bad worse memories. :p

Have fun, chill out and gym.

Sangita S said...

Me: yeah it is good fun..Meeting up with loads of old friends..What abt u..u loving sweden